Shower backflows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Recently had my shower room and kitchen renovated.

I live in a Victorian-era mansion house converted into flats. I've noticed that if I do a particular big load of laundry or drain a full sink of water, everything will back out of my shower. This happens with all the sinks in the flat and the washer which is in the kitchen.

I thought initially that it was a blocked drain somewhere so I've bought some drain cleaner and cleaned all the drains in the flat but the problem still persists.

The shower is just a tray, level with the floor.

Obviously I tried to contact my builder but he has apparently shut down his business. Before I call in more plumbers, I was just wondering what the issues could be and how it may be solved?

Thanks for your time!

Sponsored Links
Obviously the waste from the shower tray has been connected with your sink and washing machine waste pipe. As there is a restriction within the waste pipe (probably caused from the discharge of the WM more likely) when you have a heavy discharge it backs up into the shower tray.

Strong drain cleaner may clear the problem but more likely you will need to clean out the waste pipe. Better still have the sower waste pipe separated from the sink and washing machine waste. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back