Shower door roller problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Ive just purchased a quadrant shower from a supplier selling on that well known auction site, the problem is the holes in the glass door are 10mm and the roller locating lugs/bolts are 6mm so even when the roller bracket is screwed up tight the bracket actually slides about on the glass!! seems to me there is a spacer needed or they are the wrong size rollers/holes in glass? I've spoken to the supplier who tells me this is normal but it don't look right to me?? any suggestions???

Sponsored Links
can you not find something to adapt into a sleeve?to get the rollers tight.

If the bolts are tight the bracket can't move, so either they are too long or too loose.You can wrap the bolts in self amalgamating tape to give a closer fit and avoid damage to glass.Anything clamped thru glass normally has rubber or nylon washers or spacers to prevent any metal coming in contact with the glass.

Yes I am in the process of adapting some sleeve's to solve this problem but have now noticed that the body of the roller bracket is flat and not curved like the glass??? so how tight do I go before the glass breaks??! bearing in mind there are two bolts 1" apart on each of the brackets, I'm now thinking one thing "chinese crap" shame really as it was a fraction of the price of the high street and very good quality apart from these rollers!!!! :oops:

Sponsored Links
Although an old post, might be helpful for future readers...Even on curved doors fitted on quadrant showers, the plates on the rollers are always flat and isn't an issue.
Where you have a glass hole larger than the thread, as someone above mentions, just use a plumbers PTFE tape and wrap around until thread sits snug in hole, as long as metal thread isn't directly touching the glass and don't over-tighten, the glass will not smash.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back