Shower draining proplem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have bought and installed a steam shower cabin in a downstairs bathroom, the problem i have is with the draining, because of the floor level and the fairly long run to the gully outside it takes forever to drain, so bad that the deep shower tray fills half way by the time you have finished your shower, it thens takes a further 10 minutes to drain out.

Is there some sort of pump i can buy that would fit onto the 32mm waste outlet ?

Thanks for any info.

Stu.

Sponsored Links
Pump :!: :eek:

Change your waste pipe to 40 mm as 32mm is for basins ;)

You could even use 50 mm with the correct reducer if you have a long run. :D

Thanx for the info, but:

The problem as i see it is that the shower outlet is only about 3" higher than the gully and it has about a 3 metre run and two 90 degree bends, would extending the waste to 40mm make such a huge difference?

Don't forget the maths, the inverse square law applies, (even though it is round)
so flow goes up by the square of the increase.
I'm not talking c*ap am I?
Youvshould have more fall, I installed a ground floor shower cubicle and raised it off th eground, but you have to step in it of course :rolleyes: so no good for the disabled.

Sponsored Links
iangh said:
Don't forget the maths, the inverse square law applies, (even though it is round)
so flow goes up by the square of the increase.
I'm not talking c*ap am I?
Youvshould have more fall, I installed a ground floor shower cubicle and raised it off th eground, but you have to step in it of course :rolleyes: so no good for the disabled.

Exactly, it is for a semi-disabled person so i cant raise the cubicle. I will extend the waste to 40mm at the weekend and hope it works.

Thanks guys. ;)

llahuts3791 said:
I will extend the waste to 40mm at the weekend and hope it works.

Law of physics says that it will be better in 40 mm.

Have you any fall at all ?

You should try for an inch fall per metre if possible. :D

recommended run for 32mm is 1.8m max , 3m for 40mm and 4m for 50mm so theres your answer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back