Shower Feed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Considering the instalation of a 9.8kw Mira shower.
Measured the mains pressure & flow rate looks OK.

When installing pipe run, which will be around 7m, should I Tee a dedicated line after my stoptap, before any other draw-offs, straight off the main? or would it not make that much difference coming off mains pipework already feeding 2 wc's?

Cheers Dave.

Sponsored Links
what is the mains pressure ?
if you think the mains pressure is above what the shower mi say then tee of the nearest mains pipe to where the shower is.

what is the mains pressure ?
if you think the mains pressure is above what the shower mi say then tee of the nearest mains pipe to where the shower is.

Thanks for the reply.

The mains pressure is around 2bar.
But my mains branches & supplies my neighbours, so the pressure can vary at busy times & out of my control. Im looking to get as consistent supply to the shower as possible, but with a flow rate required of only approx 4/5lt min, i dont know if a dedicated supply is nessescary & will make any difference.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
you'll need to check the dynamic pressure at your mains pipe at peak times.
if the pressure drops below 1 bar at peak times an electric shower will be a waste of time, as below 1 bar operating pressure will not allow the heating element to work.
unless you fit a tank fed electric shower.
why can't you install a thermostic mixer, or power shower rather than a electric shower ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back