Shower fitting have i got this right?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning on fitting a pump and thermostatic shower. I reckon I need to do the following:

Fit dedicated cold feed for pump 22mm. New feed should be below feed for HWS if poss. Will be using PEX for this.

Fit surrey flange to HWS and run dedicated hot feed to pump. This should be copper pipe for at least 18 inches from the HWS. Pipe should rise from surrey flange at aound 45degrees before dropping down to pump.

Run 22mm hot and cold back up to shower (PEX again)

Within a metre of shower drop down to 15mm, this is where I fit the check valves.

Also will put isolating valves either side of the pump.

Get a sparky in to install a suitable power supply in the airing cupboard for the pump, ideally wired in with an isolating switch.

Did I miss anything/ get anything wrong?

Ta again.

Sponsored Links
Fit dedicated cold feed for pump 22mm. New feed should be below feed for HWS if poss. Will be using PEX for this.
ok

Fit surrey flange to HWS and run dedicated hot feed to pump. This should be copper pipe for at least 18 inches from the HWS. Pipe should rise from surrey flange at aound 45degrees before dropping down to pump.
can be plastic straight from hwc, don't need to rise at all.

Within a metre of shower drop down to 15mm, this is where I fit the check valves.
most valves already have nrv's

Also will put isolating valves either side of the pump.
You can fit full bore iso valve, but pump flexis useally come with them.

Get a sparky in to install a suitable power supply in the airing cupboard for the pump, ideally wired in with an isolating switch.

You can fit a 3/5 amp fused spur yourself.

Pipe should rise from surrey flange at aound 45degrees before dropping down to pump

not unless you have some kind of air vent before it bends down to the pump or that pipe will fill up with air, i would run the pipe down from the cylinder so any air in the pump or pipe can vent back into the cylinder

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys :) much appreciated. I'm looking forward to getting stuck in. You'll probably hear from me again when I've flooded the house...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back