shower goin hot and cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this mite be a stupid question but i am a novicemy shower keeps goin boiling hot then freezing cold i thought it may be the termostat and i was goin to get a new shower.but today i was cleaning out the loft i seen the 15mm shower pipe and it has a bend in it could this be the reason i have this problem many thanks

Sponsored Links
:sigh: what type, make, and model is the shower?

Sponsored Links
philipcooper said:
ChrisR said:
Water heated/supplied by....??
Triton T100 E electric shower
OK. This bend in the pipework - is it a kink, or just a bend? In other words is there a constriction? And is the pipework plastic or copper?

More information from you would help diagnose this, but I'm expecting to conclude that you have a fault with the shower. Hot/cold fluctuating problems could be caused by the thermal cut-out, or the outlet thermostat, or the PCB.

Triton should be able to tell you the resistance of the cut-out and the thermostat - I expect they'll say that each should be 3.5kOhms.

Softus said:
philipcooper said:
ChrisR said:
Water heated/supplied by....??
Triton T100 E electric shower
OK. This bend in the pipework - is it a kink, or just a bend? In other words is there a constriction? And is the pipework plastic or copper?

More information from you would help diagnose this, but I'm expecting to conclude that you have a fault with the shower. Hot/cold fluctuating problems could be caused by the thermal cut-out, or the outlet thermostat, or the PCB.

Triton should be able to tell you the resistance of the cut-out and the thermostat - I expect they'll say that each should be 3.5kOhms.
its copper pipe

You're not really putting in the effort here.

Someone else can squeeze the blood out of this stone.

Philip, a tip. Read what people post and answer their questions. :rolleyes:

Softus said:

sorry yes it is a kink in the copper pipe the resistance is 3.5 KOhms

philipcooper said:
Softus said:

sorry yes it is a kink in the copper pipe the resistance is 3.5 KOhms

are you taking the michael.

I think he meant you should measure the resistance of the parts in your actual device, and see if it corresponds to spec. as advised by Triton. Quite often it is less trouble to just fit a new shower than try to fix a faulty one (assuming it is a few years old).

If you have some kinked piping you could replace that too, it will perhaps give you a better flow.

Hi,

Had my Triton T100si 8.5kW for 2 years now, its been fine but its being going hot and cold on a daily basis for the last month.

From what I can see I am presuming the this shower has two forms of temp control: one is the standard flow valve and then there is a bunch or electronics to maintain the temperature once set.

-The heat exchanger scale trap has been needing cleaning nearly every week (rather than months) just prior to it going crazy

-it seems to now only show 19-27 (rather than 38-54) degrees c on the display, when the knob on the front is turned (suggesting the control circuit is still working), and the water pressure does not appear to change when the temperature (albeit too cold) is changed

-the eco and cold buttons work still (you hear the relays switching)

I have already tried the following:

-Cleaned filters (all)

-buzzed out all components on the control board and they measure as expected

-heat exchanger measures 15ohms across "phase" and "neutral" connections, this would work out to be around 4Kw, which is not enough
(the heat exchanger feels quite hot after use)

-emptied and refilled shower as per the instructions

Any ideas....?

could this just be a faulty/furred up exchanger unit or is the flow valve dead?

PJP - please create a new topic for your new problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back