Shower Install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to purchase this shower https://www.hansgrohe.co.uk/article...-1jet-with-thermostatic-shower-mixer-27135000

Looking at the attached instructions, it doesnt look like the same kind of install that my other Mira shower was, where the pipe comes out of the wall and then you screw a threaded bracket on to attach to.

The hansgrohe looks like it needs to be attached to a threaded part coming out of the wall.

Is this pretty standard and should I be aware of anything bfore my plumber installs.

Wanted to order it today but just wanted to double check.

Have attached install instructions

Many thanks all.

Attachments

• Hangrohe1.pdf
    513.1 KB · Views: 93
Sponsored Links
That’s dear , but fairly standard installation procedure for most modern mixers.
Triton and other manufacturers do the same thing for under £200.
Hansgrohe are top quality and their installation guides are notoriously thorough. Your plumber may not want to follow it , but use the threaded bracket you are refering to.
can we see what your existing shower looks like?

Hi

Thanks for the reply

its £250 on amazon so not too bad.

As attached nothing there at the moment.

Is it more tricky to install then as the Mira one attached to 2 copper pipes coming out of the wall but this looks like it has to be attached to a treaded connection.

Just wanted to double check this isnt goign to be a pain to install before i order it.

Thanks again

Attachments

• WALL.PNG
    WALL.PNG
    4.3 MB · Views: 51
The 'threaded parts ' come with the shower and will be a nightmare to use .Best to get a shower plate fixing which will bring the pipes out at correct width .
Pipework can then be capped and tested before the wall goes up.
Sure your plumber knows .

Sponsored Links
Ok, so I can still order this shower but should get a plate fixing. Can you send us a link to an example.

Sorry the reason I want this shower specifically is it doesn’t protrude out much as I have quite a small shower tray.

many thanks

The 'threaded parts ' come with the shower and will be a nightmare to use .Best to get a shower plate fixing which will bring the pipes out at correct width .
Pipework can then be capped and tested before the wall goes up.
Sure your plumber knows .

ok so if I get a plate fixing kit, the 2 copper pipes can be left coming out the wall like my Mira was?

just seen my first post on this site was 2004! Wow. Such I great site! Thanks all

Great thanks, will order the shower and leave it to them!

thanks all

Multiple ways to fit the shower. Your installer should have no issue as it's a standard fit for a bar shower. A plate kit can be used or a shower fitting kit, kind of depends on what the finished wall surface will be and how deep that will be.

Just make sure you use a plumber who is experienced in installing showers. Don't use any other trade or it could end up being bodged.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back