Shower Installation Costs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Shower Installation

Isolate water to existing cold water storage tank in loft and hot water cylinder in airing cupboard. Drain down cold water storage tank in loft and install a 22mm tank connector and lever valve isolator. Drain down existing hot water cylinder in airing cupboard and install a 22mm Essex Flange, complete with anti vac loop and lever valve isolator. Cap off 15mm mains water supply in loft to existing electric shower. Install new 22mm twin impeller pump on floor in airing cupboard. Run a new 22mm supply pipe from tank connector to Essex Flange to pump and then new 22mm supplies out of pump into loft area above bath. Remove tiles above bath and chase out wall to install 2 x 15mm hot and cold supplies to new bar shower valve. Wire up new pump complete with 13amp plug top and single socket. Turn on water and refill existing cod water storage tank and hot water cylinder. Commission and test new pump and shower.

LABOUR ONLY ??.
Question ?

How much should I be paying for this min - max?

Any guidance is much appreciated. I'm based in the South East , but not London.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

Shower Installation

Isolate water to existing cold water storage tank in loft and hot water cylinder in airing cupboard. Drain down cold water storage tank in loft and install a 22mm tank connector and lever valve isolator. Drain down existing hot water cylinder in airing cupboard and install a 22mm Essex Flange, complete with anti vac loop and lever valve isolator. Cap off 15mm mains water supply in loft to existing electric shower. Install new 22mm twin impeller pump on floor in airing cupboard. Run a new 22mm supply pipe from tank connector to Essex Flange to pump and then new 22mm supplies out of pump into loft area above bath. Remove tiles above bath and chase out wall to install 2 x 15mm hot and cold supplies to new bar shower valve. Wire up new pump complete with 13amp plug top and single socket. Turn on water and refill existing cod water storage tank and hot water cylinder. Commission and test new pump and shower.

LABOUR AND MATERIALS: ??.
Question ?

How much should I be paying for this min - max?

Any guidance is much appreciated. I'm based in the South East , but not London.
You will never be able to get a cost for that without looking at the job.
It’s impossible as no competent plumber would ever be able to give a quote/price by just reading your description of a job.

Sponsored Links
Actually I've just realised i meant to say labour only. I already have the shower and pump

Labour only plus all the materials except the shower and pump presumably? You've not mentioned any distances or potential obstacles for the pipe runs, and of course we don't know where the nearest suitable electrical supply is either. If you're planning to do the new tiling yourself then presumably there will be two visits required, which will add to the cost. Roughly £1200+vat based on the info you have provided though. Ish.

Labour only plus all the materials except the shower and pump presumably?
Absolutely, spot on.
There's no obstacles, and the run might be something like 5 meters in total. There's a fused switch in the airing cupboard for the immersion.
Any advances on £1200 plus VAT.? That's kind of what I was expecting.

This is DIY, it sounds as if you are seeking actual quotes from people to do the job unseen. DIY = Do It Yourself.
I know what 'DIY' stands for. I'm just seeking an idea of what it would cost if I chose not to 'DIY'. Is that OK with you?

I know what 'DIY' stands for. I'm just seeking an idea of what it would cost if I chose not to 'DIY'. Is that OK with you?
The best advice I could give is to get a couple quotes from people who have come to your house to view the job.
There are so many factors to take into account when quoting/pricing up a job a lot of which could never be done without seeing it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back