shower mixer tap - too cool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
New bathroom installed 18 months ago with a shower cubicle, no bath. Hot water fed from combi and shower works well, good pressure etc but during winter months the shower temp is to cool. The mixer tap which I can't see a name on is clyindrical with a knob on each end, is there any way I can reduce the amout of cold water being mixed with the hot to increase temp?
The hot water is hot at the WHB that is why I think too much cold water is being mixed with the hot.

PS the temp knob is turned to fully hot and I've tried reducing the on/off knob that controls the pressure but it dosent make a lot of difference.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
If the mixer is thermostatic, most likely it has been set to give a safe maximum temperature by the installer during commissioning to prevent inadvertent scalding.

This maximum set temperature can be adjusted. As the shower is fairly new I suggest contacting the installer for advice. If this is not possible, and you don't have the instructions, you need to find the make & model then "google" for instructions that will tell you how to adjust it.

If you can't find the make & model, if you post a photo on here someone may be able to identify it for you.

Having said that, thermostatic mixers in theory, should maintain the same maximum temperature summer or winter.

Hi Stem
Thanks for the reply. I have uploaded a picture of the mixer and found Kludi engraved on one of the end, R/H side. I'd appreciate any info you can give to make the shower warmer.

Regards.

I couldn't see the photo, but never mind the manufacturer is the important find.

If you can't find a manual for your shower on the internet, I would suggest that you contact their UK distributor and ask them to send you one.

R O Arnolds Ltd
Wheatley Hall Road
Doncaster
South Yorkshire
DN2 4NY

Tel.: 0044(0)1302 349231

[email protected]

Click here to view a data sheet for the A-QA shower if that's your model it may help when you contact them.

Just a thought. Does your mixer have a safety stop button or switch that when released allows the temperature dial to be turned to a higher setting?

Sponsored Links
Stem
thanks for the reply and link. Going by the picture it looks like the Duo DN 15 Ref 6209705-00 although I cannot be certain.

There is no switch or button that allows temp dial to be turned to a higher setting.

PS how do I attach a photo to this message? I can't find any info on this under the help file. I've uploaded an image to my album OK but dont know how to link it.

Thanks in advance.

Click here for a link to the FAQ's. Then right at the bottom of the page under the heading 'Formatting' you will see the question "Can I Post Images?"

Hi Stem
Thanks for the info and i think I have managed to attach the photo now. The temp knob is on the R/H side. There is a button on it you can press but this just locks the knob in the mid-position between hot & cold. With the temp knob turned fully hot and I reduce pressure with the other knob the water temp increases slightly but not enough. Do you think there is anything that can be adjusted to limit the amount of cold mixed with the hot? The hot water at the WHB is well hot.

Cheers.

Well done with the photo!

Most thermostatic valves do have a way of adjusting the maximum temperature, unfortunately I'm not familiar with your mixer, so I can't advise you how. Unless anyone else recogines it, and knows how to do it, the UK distributor is probably the best bet.

You installer should have left you the instruction booklet in the first place though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back