Shower off a combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How well (i.e. fast and accurately) do thermostatic mixers work?

If a tap is turned on elsewhere in the house, or the loo next to the bathroom is flushed, so reducing the flow of hot or cold, will the mixer cope quickly enough to avoid the shower going too cold, or too hot?

Are any makes of mixer better than any others?

Sponsored Links
How well (i.e. fast and accurately) do thermostatic mixers work?

If a tap is turned on elsewhere in the house, or the loo next to the bathroom is flushed, so reducing the flow of hot or cold, will the mixer cope quickly enough to avoid the shower going too cold, or too hot?

Are any makes of mixer better than any others?
Never say never, but generally they are fast enough. Obviously if the water is reduced enough the output of the shower will also be reduced. You will get some deviation in temp but not much. They also seem quite good at managing the slug of colder water from the combi at the start of the second shower of the day.

I needed a bath-shower mixer and end up paying £220 for a 'second from the bottom of the range' aqualisa.
- Other brands of note include mira, bristan, grone, ideal std,

Daniel

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd avoid Bristan, IMHO their quality has dropped off in recent years. I'd stick with Aqualisa, Mira, Triton, Grohe or Hansgrohe

I rate Triton as the WORST of them all.

When I get a tele survey about showers I give my replies and then ask the interviewer what others think of Triton.

Most have the same views as mine!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back