Shower Pump Electrics Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

My current shower pump - which is broken - is wired from a spur (located in the hot press and looks like this http://cpc.farnell.com/productimages/farnell/standard/42268048.jpg) to the pump (i.e. there's not plug - its wired into the casing itself). But my new pump has a plug - salamander ct50+. So essentially I have a plug with no socket - and our heating manifold is wired into this spur also.

Can I just take off the socket and connect the two wires together. (P.S. I'm don't think I can just take off the plug and wire from the pump as there seems the be other wires in the pump that connect into the same connections was the three core wires on the plug. - hope this all makes some sense.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
hey
sorry - a hot press is an Irish thing. Its where we keep the hot water cylinder in a cabinet on the first floor.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
What is a 'hot press'?
screenshot_51.jpg

:?:

Yes, 'twould make short work of a water cylinder.

160Ton_hot_press_machine.jpg

I expect winston will be along later to tell the Irish their airing cupboards are not hot presses.
smiley-face-whistle-2.gif

So just to confirm:

I currently have a wire from a spur in the 'Hot Press' that attaches its three wires directly under the casing of the old pump. Now that this new pump has a plug, I can simply unscrew the plug and attach directly onto the wire from the spur?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back