Shower pump fiasco

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. This is a fairly long story. I live on the top floor of a building and water presure is low. So low my electric shower wouldn't work when I fitted it. So, I bought a pump (negative head) which boosted the pressure and the shower worked, BUT, the pump kept cutting out whislt I showered. Which was annoying. I thought this might be because I'd taken the pump off the mains supply and changes in water pressure in the building would make it cut out. SO, I fitted a small water tank to feed the pump off and keep presure constant. BUT that didn't work, presumably because the pressure was too low for the pump to feed off, although it seemed ok. Then I put it back to how it was (straight off the mains) and now it doesn't work at all. Which is annoying. Any thoughts? I presume the pump is buggered so will have to get a new one but what kind should I get? Is it ok to run off the mains supply? Thanks. :cry:

Sponsored Links
No, you can`t run a pump off a mains water supply. :cry: It should run off your " break tank" but that needs to be voluminous enough to deliver a shower - you need to assume it will not be replenished from your low mains pressure - IF indeed it is low and not a restriction elsewhere :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back