Shower pump setup

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
setup.png

If where it says Other Supplies it routes to cold water taps. Am I going to get any pressure in the taps once the shower pump turns on?

Part of me thinks it would be the case that if the pump was on and you opened the taps they would actually suck air up but surely this can't be.

Sponsored Links
If possible run dedicated supplies to the pump, I dont know which manufacturer has the instructions you have shown but I would not install as shown.

Sponsored Links
come back to your posting later, there is a poster on here who is a Salamander expert who will give you all the information you need, over to you Ken

good morning,

sorry for the delay ive been in Belgium for the week.

To be very honest with you - that way is for the regenerative only pumps as they have a stronger impeller and is more suited to make it easier for a diyer to tee in to existing supplies. If its fitted like this it will reduce pressure if you open another tap but shouldn't pull any air through as gravity would stop this.

As always i would recommend fitting the pump with a dedicated cold feed from the cold cistern and fit the correct flange on the hot water cylinder - always the best way to do it.

hope this helps

cheers

ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back