SHOWER PUMP WIRING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Can anyone let me know if this is ok. I am replacing an electric shower with a mixer and pump. Can I use the existing wiring which is connected the the consumer unit to supply the new pump. I realise the MCB will be need to be replaced(Currently 40A will change to 5A) Will I then need to fit a double pole switch at 5A and connct to the pump.
THANKS

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. will pump sited at base of cylinder in the bathroom be ok and pump plugged into a socket taken from the FCU.
THANKS

Siting the pump at the base of the hot cylinder is logical, but a socket in the bathroom is a big NO

A fixed outlet plate would be better.

Maybe considering a locked / fixed door covering the pump and it's electrics would be better as well.

That's why pumps sometimes end up under the bathtub, on fixed wiring, and covered by the bath panels, which are screwed in place

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks fo that. As the pump fitted with a plug I assumed this was ok. The cabling is coming out of the attic so can I just fit a FCU in the attic and fixed wirning to a pump in next to the cylinder. Presumably the pump will need earth bonding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back