shower pump with 25 gallons cold tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to install a shower pump in a system with a 25 gallons cold tank and another 25 gallons hot tank. I was told that I need to upgrade the cold tank to 50 gallons. However, I saw this Triton T550i pump that seems to work with 25 gallons. The triton pump is a 1.2 bar - link bellow
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TTT550.html
Would that be ok? Has enyone out there installed any? Any other advice?
Any sugestions?

Sponsored Links
Cold tank's a bit small. It would run dry in 10 minutes, assuming it was full when you started.
I also wouldn't advise their way of connecting the hot water. Have seen too many llike that sucking air down the vent. (Including ones I've put in!)
A "Flange" is a better way, eg Warix, Essex, Surrey,...

I took your advice on board. Thank you very much for that. The only problem is that the client's house has a flat roof (no loft) and the 25gal tanks are in the airing cupboard - no extra room for anything else or bigger tank. That's going to be a challenge.
If that goes ahead somehow, I'll install the surrey type flange to prevent air bubles.
Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
I need to install a shower pump in a system with a 25 gallons cold tank and another 25 gallons hot tank. I was told that I need to upgrade the cold tank to 50 gallons. However, I saw this Triton T550i pump that seems to work with 25 gallons. The triton pump is a 1.2 bar - link bellow
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TTT550.html
Would that be ok? Has enyone out there installed any? Any other advice?
Any sugestions?

Depends on the flow of the cold water mains. If OK then fit a 3/4" ballcock, or two 1/2" Torbeck valves that are either fully open or closed. As the pump is taking water from the tank the mains is filling up faster. try to have a 22mm pipe back to the stoptap and a full-bore stoptap.

I have done this using a combination cylinder and combi. The combi was used for a high pressure shower only and the cylinder for DHW in all other taps. The combination cylinder tank also did the cold water too to give equal pressure for mixers. All one unit cylinder. Think of an unvented cylinder with an air gap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back