Shower Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For those who remember the problems I was having with my power shower I have another query. I am fitting a pump for my power shower but we only have a small header tank and have been prewarned that the flow rate the pump requires will exhaust it too quickly as our tank is fairly small. We don't want to rip out all the old pipe work and tank as we are very restricted for space and would have to slash all the old pipe work and move the hot water cylinder. Is it best to fit a second header tank to feed the cold water to the shower.

kcav

Sponsored Links
It would certainly help .. if you put them in tandem (linked together) then be careful as the feed from ball cock must go on 1 tank and the draw off the other so as to not get stagnant water!!

We were thinking of putting the second tank feed from the main line with its own ball cock and system to solely feed the cold water supply to the pump. With 3 daughters dont get much chance for water to get stagnant. Could this work? Dont want stagnant water.

Sponsored Links
Thankyou for speedy replies. This shower room has been one thing after another! Did vow to only leave it to the professionals from now on but have a stubborn husband who doesnt like being defeated.

As long as he gets there in the end thats the main thing ;)

And bless him,, at least he tries :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back