Shower Pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am currently in the process of having my bathroom rebuilt and am having a problem with lack of hot water pressure.

our current Hot water system consists of a 25 gallon tank in the Loft and a Hot water Cylinder downstairs in the kitchen.

Before the refit there was no shower in the bathroom and the hot water pressure was fine. After the refit we had had a new bath, a shower and a shower pump fitted in the bathroom but it now takes 30 mins to fill a bath!!!

The shower pump is pretty cheap and I would like to know if buying a more powerful pump would resolve the problem and\or fitting it downstairs as opposed to upstairs would help? also is it possible to fit more than one pump?

The builder is recommending a pressureised cylinder but have just had the whole cylinder replaced less than 3 weeks ago so I would be pretty gutted if this was my only option. Any other bright ideas would be more than welcome.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
tgclaydo said:
b*****r, would say a 3 bar pump help the situation?

it'll certainly help you wake up when someone takes an early shower. Just imagine laying serenely in bed when you are rudely awaken by a noise like a vacuum cleaner! ;)

The pressurised cylinder is the best option. Shame you weren't given that advice 3 weeks ago :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back