shower trap air blockage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi recently installed a central shower drain with a removable trap plastic that has a rubber seal at the top of the trap, as soon as the trap is put into the drain it blocks compleatly with the trap removed the water flows as fast as you would like, when the trap is installed its blocked solid when the rubber seal around the top of the trap is removed and the trap put in without it on it all works perfactly is there any way of putting the trap in with the rubber seal in place that i am not doing properly

Sponsored Links
hi after trying everything putting the trap in after drying it out compleatly i put the trap in and filled it with water and was still blocked so i took the trap out filled the bowl with water and also filled the trap with water and placed it in very slowly sinking in into possition with the water running at the same time and it now went into possition and works perfectly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back