Showerhead leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just bought a Grohe Relaxa shower head model 28178 from ebay, but when the shower head is connected to the shower hose water is coming out where the two parts meet, there is a plastic piece which pushes inside the head with a rubber o ring could this need replaced.
look at picture and link please

showerpart.jpg

http://www.mygrohe.de/m/22_27472/pa...type=exp&product=28178000&selector=1991-05-01

Sponsored Links
Yea i have it fully inserted, i might try some plumbers tape around the rubber o ring to see if it makes any difference,

Yea i have it fully inserted, i might try some plumbers tape around the rubber o ring to see if it makes any difference,

You could try that, but may make it to tight to insert fully.
Check the o ring is not damaged or split. :idea:

Sponsored Links
Tried the tape, a few wraps, and hey presto no leaking, so would this suggest that the o ring is passed its best?

Would suspect the o ring first if not the seating of the o ring.

Is this head new ?

seco services what do you mean the seating of the o ring, i bought it on ebay it was advertised a being six months old with very little use. it does look like new to be honest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back