Showering woes --Please help

Mogget no offence but the WHOLE IDEA of eco 7 is to heat over night on a cheaper rate ergo not having to boost during the day.. The tank is only a 20L (tank at most) tank its not big enough for the house... hence why we were looking for different solutions.. Has nothing to do with me being cheap..

But when the water runs out... you still have to wait an hour for the boost to happen.

it is AN ELECTRIC only tank.. this house is over 100 years old(hence also why the tank is so small it used to be heated off an old fire!) i live in a small village where we have no gas.. its a private estate so there is oil and electrics unfortunatley this house has no oil. therefore we rely on electric heating (and im sorry im not going to boost my tank 3 times a day to get a bath!)

I resent your statement.. I am not time wasint Actually there is a jacket my WHOLE QUESTION was the fact i have an electric shower..and the pressure is not adequate NOTHING to do with my hot water.. other then i didnt realize that a power shower definitly needs Hot and cold.. which then led me to ask well how can i solve that with a small tank hence me asking about putting another tank in the loft!

Sponsored Links
Thank you swidders you answered my question...

I will call a plummer in the morning and ask for his opinon.. The hot water does last all day its not too bad.. but if one person has a hot bath in the morning then yes it does use the water up! We are used to oil heating so this eco7 was a bit different and with the Oil we had the hot water come on 2-3 times per day!! Luxury!!

The reccomandations give me something to take to the estate workers plummers.. its better to go with a solution then with a problem (private estate workers tkae their time to begin with!!)

We are trying to avoid boosting too much if possible hence the question of another tank or a bigger tank (which may be a possibility as well)

I will look into your answers thank you!

Think mogget was a bit insensitive especially given your current condition, but in fairness he has apologised. I would advise you to calm down and take a long relaxing long soak in the bath at this point, but, er, that appears to be the difficulty!!!

At least your reply gives more details of the whole situation there (no available gas/oil etc). In the end it all comes out in the wash...(pun intended)

Haha well preggo hormones come through LOL I can have a bath it comes to my belly button!! lol

Thankfully i like cool baths at the moment. but your ideas give me a lot i think we will go with a power shower and they will have to sort me out a new tank or maybe they will say that is sufficant!

But like i said the estate workers Um... take their time so its easier if your armed with information!

Im so used to just regular mixer showers this whole UK thing of electric showers seems so crazy to me!!

Again thank you for your help!!

Sponsored Links
Mogget no offence but the WHOLE IDEA of eco 7 is to heat over night on a cheaper rate ergo not having to boost during the day.. The tank is only a 20L (tank at most) tank its not big enough for the house.

I don't believe for one second that your economy 7 tank is only 20 litres in capacity. It would only be about a foot tall!

You have consistently given a very muddled description of both your existing system, and what you require of it. I hope you will be able to offer a clearer description to your plumber.

By the way, I'm a she not a he, and have had a stressful day. I think I should probably have stayed away from the computer... :oops:

I feel I should apologise once again for being so tetchy, and wish you all the best in the coming months...

...and I hope you get your shower fixed up too.

How about LPG installation (storage tanks outside) with combi boiler running the whole heating/hot water system??? I'll leave you with that thought.

LOL just measured the tank its standing at 3ft high! if i could post a pic of it i would...

swidders interesting idea. i will run that one past the estate... I know that some people have gas cylinders for their cookers outside their house as some peopel like gas!

Im not from the UK as stated so im not used to these systems. However all i want is a frickin good shower.. The plummer is coming around tomorrow at 9am ill let you know what he says :) Hopefully i will get some showery goodness!

thanks again

However all i want is a frickin good shower..

I don't think you'll go too far wrong with pumped supplies - properly set up it will knock spots off the electric shower and be more reliable too.

It would be worth looking at getting a new hot water cylinder so you can take full advantage of the cheap rate electricity at night. If properly insulated it will stay hot all day and if large enough you would not have to top up with daytime electricity.

If you were to upgrade the cold tank as well, you could have a seriously good drenching without it running out too quickly. If you have a good mains supply to the property this may not be necessary if the cold tank can refill quickly enough.

Mogget, I thought you were going to bed, and sorry for assuming you were male.

I also think that we are forgetting that things across the pond are much bigger than UK standards! A 120litre cylinder may seem little more than a teapot to jennig.

Hey, it's OK, it is a plumbing forum after all...

Also wondering if there could be some litres and gallons confusion going on.

Anyways I really am off to bed now, night all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back