Siemens REV17 replace with REV24RF?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi experts, can I do a straightforward swap of a REV17 with the wireless REV24?

By straightforward I mean the wall plate may need changing but the existing wiring will be ok.

Thanks, Simon

Sponsored Links
Probably not as straitforward as you think! From what you describe, you want to exchange a wired programmable stat with a wireless one.

What type of system do you have?

Combi or conventional?

Eithere way it requires some rewiring to the rf reciever

No, as one is wireless the wiring is substantially different.

This is for a conventional system. The heating thermostat is in the hall and was previously one of those traditional rotary ones, it was replaced a couple of years ago, when a new boiler was installed, with the Siemens. I want to put the receiver (the bit without the display) in the hall replacing the Siemens and have the control unit in the lounge.

I was assuming that as the only change was that the 2 boxes needed to talk to each other and the receiver would just use the existing wiring.

I take it I'm wrong?

Simon

Sponsored Links
The wireless one needs an additional permanent live and neutral. Not a straightforward swap.

So wouls it be better to replace the programmer next to the boiler as I assume that is mains powered and do away with the thermostat in the hall? The thermostat next to the boiler controls the hot water and has the heating on constant as the REV17 in the hall was controlling that. I assume the REV24 can replace both.

Simon

The REV24 is just a room stat and your system would be better with a programmer and room stat (or programmable room stat). Not a good idea to put a room stat next to the boiler either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back