Silicone removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! What is the best way to remove old white silicone off an acrylic bath edge in order to replace with new silicone? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Gently cut it off with a knife/Scraper and use Paint Brush Cleaner on a bit of rag with plenty of elbow grease,

The Paint brush cleaner can also be used to remove the grease and grime that gets on an acrylic bath and washed off using warm water.

I am not sure how the Silicone remover would affect the Acrylic

polycell_brush_cleaner.jpg

Hi! What is the best way to remove old white silicone off an acrylic bath edge in order to replace with new silicone? Thanks

WD40. I just had to do this with a steel bath. Spray WD40 to soften it, scrape/peel off, repeat as necessary. It doesn't take all the work out of it but makes it a lot easier.

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
CT1 Multisolve is very good once you have cut off as much as you can manually - costs about £7.50 a can and my first one has lasted for several bathrooms with no signs of running out yet - left me wondering why I bought 6 of the things !

Whichever product you use it is still going to involve a lot of tedious hard work and mild to moderate language.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back