Sime Ecomfort HE - bit of help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've never posted on here before - I'm getting a bit stuck with my silly boiler!

I've got a Sime Ecomfort HE which I've had about 7 years, I've had a few problems with it - mainly the water upstairs in the bathroom is never properly hot, it's just OK when turned up to the max but never hot hot. I wondered if that is something to do with the pressure? (I know nothing about boilers haha) When I open the front flap there is a dial which shows a needle in the blue 1 bar section and on the other dial it shows the needle at 0oC, it never moves from 0oc the top needle, I've watched it when heating on, hot water on etc. I'm not even sure if it should?

Also sometimes the green light on the front of the boiler flashes and I can get no hot water, it is a green light next to a figure of 8 sideways symbol. I have to turn the boiler off and back on again and then that seems to fix it temporaraly but I'm looking for a proper fix really.

Can anyone help? I'd be much appreciative! :)

Sponsored Links
I used to work on these terrible things on a daily basis thankfully not anymore.

The guage you're describing is the temperature guage, I honestly cant remember seeing any work, even the ones I replaced.

As for the flashing green lights, this could be one of three things causing this

-least likely due to it not happening often but probably most expensive, is it being the pcb.

- its most likely to be one of the other two things, but unfortunately I cant tell you what it is due to it being in a part of the boiler that joe public shouldnt be accessing as it can be very dangerous.

If you cant live with the intermittent fault then you'll have to get a registered gas engineer in Im afraid.

As for the problem with the hot water, is it just the hot tap at a bath by any chance?

Haha, thanks for the reply- I'll not worry about the temperature gauge then! I can live with the fault I guess. The hot water upstairs is only really an issue through the shower, I can get hot hot water through the bath tap but only if I have the tap on very slowly. Kitchen hot tap is red hot bit that is right next to the boiler if that makes any difference?

I would imagine the boiler is heating the water correctly and its a faulty mixer in the shower tbh, if the boiler had a fault on hot water, it would be faulty on all the taps in the property.

Sponsored Links
What you are describing might just be caused by cold water crossing to the hot in the bathroom area and particularly in the shower.

The only easy way to diagnose is if you can turn off the cold into the shower.

Another way is to measure the temperature of the hot from the boiler and see what it is when it gets to the bathroom.

Unfortunately many showers are designed to always run about 10-15% of cold with the hot.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back