single brick built shed repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a brick shed where the front and back walls run the entire length of the terrace. The walls that then divide it up into individual sheds are not connected into the front and back wall. Therefore there are gaps in all four corners. i wish to convert this for office space and therefore need to seal, insulate and plaster the building.
I have thought about putting bolts into the walls near the corners and then casting a concrete pillar around them, to fill the gap and tie the walls together.
Any other thoughts or detailing for this (i.e. which bolts to use and how to attach them to the brick) would be extremely useful.
Also any suggestions for how to damp proof and insulate the floor which is currently a concrete slab.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You could fit two of these in each corner, and build an 'L' shaped corner wall section out of concrete blocks.

For office space you will need to follow building regs. Contact council building works dept. and find out what will be required for insulation etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back