Single skin bathroom extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of buying a Victorian house. I had a survey done and i have been informed that the downstairs bathroom extension is of a single skin wall. The bathroom is a small extension single story, 2 meters by 3 meters. what are my options with this type of extension? is it possible to build a new wall around existing extension creating a cavity?
i wouldn't like to batten and insulate from the inside because the bathroom is small.
How do i bring this extension in line with building regs?

Sponsored Links
Is is it possible to build a new wall around existing extension creating a cavity?
Yes. As long as you have access to dig foundations and that there is sufficient soffit overhang etc.

Improve walls, floor, windows and roof thermally. Install an extractor fan. Ensure the electrics are up to date and certified. Ensure the drainage etc is compliant.

I am in the process of buying a Victorian house. I had a survey done and i have been informed that the downstairs bathroom extension is of a single skin wall. The bathroom is a small extension single story, 2 meters by 3 meters. what are my options with this type of extension? is it possible to build a new wall around existing extension creating a cavity?
i wouldn't like to batten and insulate from the inside because the bathroom is small.
That's pretty usual for a Victorian terraced house. Are there any particular issues with cold, damp or mould? It doesn't need to conform to current building regulations.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back