Single to double Rad, concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a single rad in the kitchen, when the new kitchen was fitted a second rad was removed so it's now too cold in there. The current single is on valves coming up through ceramic tiles/concrete floor - be a messy job to move these. You're only talking 35mm to valve centres on the current one, are double rads available with rear valves and if so where from? All the ones i see are centre valve and talk about at least 56mm

Sponsored Links
You may be lucky if your single rad is fitted with the brackets turned to give maximum clearance from the wall and fit the new double with them fixed to minimum clearance.

Sponsored Links
KEEP the new rad lower and ease the pipes out so there on a angle and if its alot and the trv head is sticking out turn it on its side,or get 2 15 mm i/valves,cut pipe low and fit valves get a off set and your done

Stick the new double rad direct to the wall with a few large blobs of silicone. (Dot and dabbing if you like, only with the silicone)
Job done and no pipes to play around with. ;)

balenza a man after my own heart,dont let the heat masters hear you,you are from the dark side,good lad

stick the new rad a little bit to the side and make an s with 2 elbows. quick job and looks okay. or take one that is a little bit wider and have 2 pipes bending out

not sure on the dot and dab idea :evil: . i think i need to drain my entire system, pop the valves off, put springs in and bend the pipes.. :eek:

unless the elbows idea works.. i'll look into that

cheers all

If you go for same size rad you may get away with using street elbows into elbow on existing pipe these have a male and female end and will give you approx 20mm you need

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back