Sink trap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

I have a 1.5 bowl sink. Hopefully the image has attached ok and you can see my pipes!

the trap is on the 1/2 sink side. Not long after we had the kitchen done we started getting what I thought was drain smells coming up. This goes away when I push the plug down on the full sink side. It’s always been my thought that the crap that goes down the sink ends up lingering in the long horizontal pipe before the trap. I have cleaned it out a few times which helps.

so I assume it’s normal to have it piped like this, can I fit another trap on the sink side then join it to the horizontal piece which I can shorten, or is there another solution??

cheers!

Attachments

• 703649B3-B891-4851-ABFA-A9E7E3B6BEC9.jpeg
    703649B3-B891-4851-ABFA-A9E7E3B6BEC9.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 127
Sponsored Links
The flexible overflow pipe connected to left hand waste fitting will hold water / sediment etc and is probably the cause of odours.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back