Sink Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My new sinks have wastes included. Each waste plug hole has a rubber washer which I assume goes between the plastic waste and the underside of the sink. The actual metal "plug hole" bit ... should that be bedded on something onto the sink base?

Thanks again,

Mark

Sponsored Links
We was taught at college to roll a sausage shape of plumbers mait and wrap it around the metal waste to bed it in to the top of the basin hole. :D

Hi,

These are stainless kitchen bowls I assume the "sausage" method applies?

Also, should I put anything on the thick rubber washer that sits below the sink?

Finally, I have flexi corrugated pipes with tap connectors on. Should there we washers in them where they connect to the pipes from the taps?

Finally finally, the bowls have a coil of foam in the kit. This I assume goes around the lip of thw bowl. Should this be placed inside the sealant? I assume I do need sealent aswell?

Finally finally finally :LOL: should i use ptfe tape on the tap joints or is it not necessary?

So many questions!

Mark

These are stainless kitchen bowls I assume the "sausage" method applies?

Shouldn't need it on a S/S sink.

Also, should I put anything on the thick rubber washer that sits below the sink?

Not needed

the bowls have a coil of foam in the kit. This I assume goes around the lip of the bowl

Yes, to cushion it.

I assume I do need sealent as well?

Use clear sealant around the bowl edges.

should i use ptfe tape on the tap joints or is it not necessary?

Wrap around the olive to belt and brace if you wish.

DON'T COME AGAIN ;)

Sponsored Links
Back again .. sorry :D

I have a real dumba$$ question this time :D

Flexi hoses came with the tap (Abode Hydrus Tower). If I look in the pipe there are white pieces of plastic .. are these non return valves?

Also, how tight should I do the screw that goes through the top of the waste into the plastic bit below the sink .. don't want to overtighten but also don't want a leak :D

Mark

If I look in the pipe there are white pieces of plastic .. are these non return valves?

Not got a clue. Post a pic.

how tight should I do the screw that goes through the top of the waste

Quite tight so that it doesn't leak ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back