Site Insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night the site that I work at was burgled and I've lost approx £1650, in tools. My tools where kept in the companys locked container store, now they are saying that this was at my own risk. Can anyone give me some advice on where I stand please, as Iam not flush with cash for replacements.

Sponsored Links
Did they have a big notice on this locker stating anything left in there is on your own risk? Did you sign any papers that mentioned this??

Yes a saying items left at owners risk but nothing signed. What you think then.

What you think then.

your stuffed.

don't your own insurance cover for tools or tools hired in or left on site ?
surely if you knew you where leaving tools onsite you would have the insurance to cover it.

Sponsored Links
Agree, they're still your responsibility. You could claim you left the mona lisa in there, for all their insurers know (even if they're covered for third party possessions), you put nothing in other than an empty fag packet.

Horrible thing to happen, but take it like a man and make sure you keep on top of your own insurance.

Company has agreed with thier insurance that my tools are covered, suppose something to do with it being their responsibality for security.

Yes. Tools in the van every night from now on. the nearest parking we have on this one is nearly a mile away its a pain but these things will have to be done. Theft here is very rare on IOM and tools are normaly left at night where you are working even when the property has no doors. Its useualy that safe, the police mentioned that squads of theives are now coming over from the UK and getting easy targets from the Manx.

Sponsored Links
Back