skimming ceing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please advise:

We have asked our builders to skim ceiling as we are having new kitchen out in and my current spotlights were never right size for the holes .. and coving was cracking at seams. anyway we asked for ceiling to be skimmed and the quote is £300.

however yesterday i noticed that they had sealed some cracks in coving and applied some adhesive and yet the skimming is still to be done.

is it me or is somehing not right here.

what is skimming exactly ... i thought they would be taking the whole (false) ceiling down, putting in plasterboard, with new holes for spotl;ights and plastering over .. so would they not take down the coving befroe doing this

what they did yesterday suggests to me that the coving is not coming down .. is it still possible to skim like that ?

and it is a very large ceiling 13' x 15' sort of L shape

woudl appreciate any advice as today's the day ... 8 nov !!!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yeah , sounds like the coving has been repaired , and a bonding agent applied to the ceiling , depending on the agent used the ceiling is ready to be skimmed , so this is normall practice .

for £300 They would not be removing the old ceiling. Just Re-skimming your old one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back