Skirting transition around raised section

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to install some skirting in a loft room and as you can see from the photos I have a couple of sections where the edges of the wall already have raised wooden box sections.

What are peoples thoughts in terms of how to best finish this? I was thinking of perhaps getting some square edge skirting which I can install above these sections albeit cut down by the height of these raised bits which is around 60mm , and then continue the run at full height for a few cms beyond. Then I can use the regular skirting and but up against it? I can't really think of how else to get it looking semi decent.

Attachments

• D5178DA3-8E32-4311-876F-F861262AF7E4.jpeg
    D5178DA3-8E32-4311-876F-F861262AF7E4.jpeg
    420.7 KB · Views: 22
  • B31BBE06-F5F5-46BC-BEFD-FFECD9FC082F_1_201_a.jpeg
    B31BBE06-F5F5-46BC-BEFD-FFECD9FC082F_1_201_a.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 17
Sponsored Links
Thanks- I was thinking something like that but can't picture it looking quite right bearing in mind it is against quite a low height section of board

Sponsored Links
It's either like the video or just let the top of the skirting run through level across the wall and cut the the bottom off it where the raised section of floor is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back