Sky B cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I had a sky dish installation done over ten years ago, I bought some extra cable of the installer which I never used.

I assume this cable, which has gold paper under the outer braid, is more than adequate for digital freeview and also for making a fly lead to go between a coax wall socket and TV?

Sponsored Links
Your right, I think it probably copper foil - pardon my mistake.

I've made a fly lead for my LCD TFT TV with a meter length of the cable and its giving splutter free picture and sound.

I was going to replace the bog standard coax cable running down from the loft to the coax TV socket with this cable but I doubt I'd get any improvement.

Sponsored Links
If you don't have a problem now then improving the cable won't improve anything. Digital either works or doesn't work - the signal is either good enough or it isn't. There is a bit of a grey bit in between - that's where you get the crackles and pops on audio, and blocking /freezing on the video.

So if you have such a problem, it might be worth replacing a poor quality cable. Otherwise, don't bother unless you are doing some other work that makes it convenient to do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back