Sky Questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two for the price of one!!

Got a new sky box last night, it took two engineers to figure out it was knackered after a house move!!

Anyway last night the engineer took away the knackered one with all my recorded stuff on it :( A whole series of Dr Who and Sherlock, my lad will be devastated when he finds out Dr Who is gone and all hid Kung Fu Panda!!!

Is there a way I can permenantly save any recordings to a seperate HDD and how does it work???

Also I have one of these http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CX241M.html which is supposed to combine/split the aerial signal out but it doesn't seem to work now as the sat signal is overpowering the TV. How do I combine the signals in the loft to split them at the wall plate???

Any help gratefully recieved.

Sponsored Links
Is there a way I can permenantly save any recordings to a seperate HDD and how does it work???

Look at the totally excellent (and free for personal use) Copy+ software at http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/

You need to remove your hard drive and put it in a PC, so not exactly a 3 minute task, but it's certainly an option.
I've also used it to update the disk in my old Sky+ machine from 160GB to 1TB.

Sponsored Links
... You need to remove your hard drive and put it in a PC, so not exactly a 3 minute task, but it's certainly an option.
Erm... moving swiftly on from Sky... I have a Panasonic "DMR EX95V" HD / DVD / Video-tape recorder, but the DVD writer function has packed up (yet again). If I take the HD out, is there software around that I can install to enable me to record that recorded stuff onto DVD ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back