Slabjacking - concrete slab lifting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a concrete floor slab in the hallway of my home, which has sunk about 10mm from the floors of the surrounding rooms.

The house was built in 1968. The slab hasn't moved in the three years I've owned the place.

I have been searching on ways to fix it and found a process called slabjacking which involves injecting PU foam into the void under the slab in order to raise it. It seems like a quick and relatively clean way of solving the problem, vs re-screeding the floor. The floor covering is parquet, which I would like to avoid disturbing if possible.

There appear to be lots of companies offering this service in the US, but I can't find anything in the south of the UK. Does anyone know of any companies in the UK that can do this work? Alternatively, does anyone know if it is possible to rent the equipment to DIY?

Sponsored Links
It's expensive and not guaranteed to work. It also depends on what fill is below the floor as to whether it's a viable option.

Don't believe the brochure hype.

It comes with so many T&C's and disclaimers, it makes you wonder why they need them if the product and method is so good.

But it is a possibility for some situations. Google for ground injection stabilisation, and Uretek is probably the established market leader.

It's not a diy job.

With respect, is the parquet those small blocks ? Common in the 60's-80's . Not worth keeping in my opinion unlike the heringbone stuff from the 30's. Might be cost effective just to dig out and re screed:notworthy:

It's small block parquet. The whole house is ultra-1960s (wood ceilings etc), so it has to stay!

Thanks for the help Woody. The hype made it look so simple. I'll contact Uretek and see what they say...

Sponsored Links
jamlip, Hi.

As posted by "Woody" Uretec are the market leader.

I have instructed this Company on several occasions, not to "Lift Slab" but to undertake Subsidence Stabilisation of several properties so far so good, no failures.

During the processes this Company uses electronic devices to ensure that the slab level is as accurate as possible, these devices are used both for the Slab lift and underpinning.

Ken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back