sliding Mitre saw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
I wonder if someone can explain to me why the wood guide on my saw is slightly angled inwards towards the cutting line.In other words if the piece of wood iam cutting doesn't reach the guide on the other side of the cutting line it will be cut at a slight angle!The guides aren't bent and i know i can use a sacrificial piece of wood so i can trim the end of a piece of wood straight ...but why is it made like this?.

Sponsored Links
not sure what you are referring to i assume the laser :oops: :oops:
but still don't understand lol

Have you checked with a square that your blade is at 90* to the back of the bed i.e. the upright pieces you hold the wood against? Also try putting a straightedge across the back to check that something isn't amiss there although I would doubt that this is the case.

The blade is 90 deg to wood guide/bed but the bed is definately made this way nothing is a miss nor bent.So in other words either side of the cutting line the wood guides / bed angle in to the cutting line.

Sponsored Links
Is it a cheap saw, my old one did this after the guide bed cracked allowing minor movement.The kick when using a saw repeatedly can damage poor quality machines.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back