Slow Filling Roca Cistern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a real plumbing numpty, but with the help of this site I've just managed to get the lid off of my Roca toilet cistern. Hooray !!! Now is there anyone out there that can advise how I might increase the flow going into the cistern as at the moment it takes forever to fill. I do know that it's not the power of the flow coming into the house as I have another cistern exactly the same which fills much more quickly. Thanks for reading this. Alan861

Sponsored Links
There's probably debris in the float valve (the bit the lets water into the cistern and then shuts it off when the cistern's full).

You need to switch off the incoming water supply, then take it apart and inspect/clean as necessary.

Not difficult, but you imply you're no expert on these things so not sure if it's the kind of thing you could manage yourself.

Could you post a picture of the inside of your cistern so we can see what kind of float valve is used?

C.

Hi Chris, no need for pictures, took your advice and cleaned the float valve, all seems OK at the moment. Many Thanks Alan861

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back