Smeg A1 Cooker with ?Broken Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In March 2007 ‘oldtrainee’ had a problem which seems identical to one I have now...

My 10-year-old Smeg A1 gas/electric range cooker with an EL145 timer/programmer has no timer/programmer display (but is energised). All oven functions are inoperative.
Is the fault definitely with the timer/programmer? Is it safe to temporarily bypass the timer, and if so, how? There are four connections to the unit, two of which are linked. A successful bypass would show that it really is a timer/programmer fault and I would feel more confident in replacing it at a cost of £100+.

‘Chri5’ suggested obtaining the replacement the component from the espares website, but ‘oldtrainee’ couldn’t track down one with an identical part number. Did he fix his cooker satisfactorily?

Sponsored Links
As an electrician, I lose interest as the cable leaves the wall.

Appliances are those funny box things that make the tea.

You may get more info if you post on that handy forum marked "APPLIANCES" ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back