Smeg dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got an 8 year old smeg dishwasher. All of a sudden its started to fill and then just empties itself. Does this 3 times then stops. Only 2 of the display lights are then lit. They don't flash as in a fault code. Any ideas? Tried the smeg website but no joy.

Sponsored Links
Post model details. How many LED's on the control panel (4 or 5). LED status (which LED's are permanently lit). Count left to right, 1,2,3 etc.

Model is DWF 64SSE. Only has 4 lights and the 2 on the left hand side of the four are lit. The 4 lights are on the right hand side of the appliance.

Sponsored Links
The only fault that would cause the machine to fill & empty 3 times before finally cutting out is an E2 error. But your LED's do not signal that condition. In the absence of a valid error code I would suspect a faulty pcb. E2 alarms are usually caused by one of the following; defective level switch, faulty wash motor, water in the safety pressostat hose, abnormally high water pressure/flow rate, or the pcb doesn't read "full water level" signal. I am afraid my money is on the last one :(

Thanks for taking the time to reply but I found the problem. Theres a small rubber hose about 4 inches long leading from the sump. It was completely blocked. Cleaned it out and all running well!

Thanks for taking the time to reply but I found the problem. Theres a small rubber hose about 4 inches long leading from the sump. It was completely blocked. Cleaned it out and all running well!

I have been having a similar problem with my slimline DWF44Ss.1

It fills with an inch of water, then empties and then the elements start heating up and smoke fills the machine.

I tried tipping the machine and couldn't see any water coming out of it.

I've also accesed the lower front panel of the machine ( below the door ) but can't find a reset switch of any description.

Any quick fixes? Or should I call Smeg?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back