Smeg DWD!SSE-1 CJ error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help. My smeg dishwasher is displaying what looks like a CJ error code, which is not listed in the instruction manual.

Sponsored Links
There isn't a CJ error code.
What is wrong.....what does (or doesn't) it do?

Thanks for your reply, it is much appreciated.

The dishwasher has been stopping mid cycle for a while now without showing any error codes, but would resume when the Start/Stop button is pressed in. On the rinse cycle (no heat required) the dishwasher went striaght through the programme, which indicated a heating issue. I have replced the door thermostat and tested the heater, which tests OK.

The machine has now just stopped and the error code on the digital display looks like CJ and i cannot reset it. There is water in the bottom on the machine, which i am going to drain out this morning to see if this resets it.

This is the second machine (same model) that i have brought and i stripped the last one down for spare parts.

Any help would be much appreciated, running out of ideas.

Thanks

I have never heard of a CJ error code.
Smeg codes range from E1 to E9 & normally a no-heat problem would throw up E3.
In the absence of a valid error code & not being able to reset it I would suspect your pcb is faulty.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply.

I have just changed the PCB (old one form previous machine, same model) and the machine seems to have reset (i am able to select a programme).

I have put the dishwasher on programme 3 and it started no problem and then cut out after a few minutes. But when I press the start/stop button again the cycle continues, which was the original fault.

However, by pressing the start/stop button the cylce will be able to finish.

Any further advice on the cutting out problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

Do both pcb's have the same part number?
I suggest you reset the machine & see what happens. There are several good posts on the forum describing how to do this.
Use the search facility & type in "Smeg dishwasher". You'll find all the info you need ;)

Thanks for your reply again,

Yes both PCB boards have same serial number. The CJ code was due to the dishwasher being in the Test mode. I have managed to reset the machine so normal programmes can be selected.

However, the same or similar problem exists with both PCB boards. The cycle stops and then the stop/start button needs to be pressed to resume the cycle. I am assuming it is something to do with the heating system as on the rinse cycle goes through to completion, without a problem.

On thing that has started to happen is that on a cycle requiring heat it sticks on 5 mins from the end. I thing this is when it is supposed to do a hot rinse. But, i have replace the door thermostat with a new one and the heating element test ok with 30ohms impedance. But i do not get the E3 error code all the time i have had it twice over the last 6 weeks. It very strange.

Thanks

Hi,

Does anyone know the engineers test cycle for this model of dishwasher.

The fault of not completing a program is now intermittant and on occasions the dishwasher completes a wash from start to finish.

I can get into the engineers menu and run the test sequence/cycle and the machine stops at a particular point during testing with the following 'Cכ ' showing on the display. obviosly, it would help if i knew what this meant.

Thanks
T Paling

The only thing that comes to mind is that you may still be stuck in the factory diagnostic test sequence?
Try this: Open the appliance door. Press the on button. Press the program button 4 times within 3 seconds. The display should then show P0 to indicate it is ready to program.

Thanks for your reply.

There is no program button it is a knob that you turn to select the program.

I can get out of the test sequence by tuning the machine off then on and pressing the start button quickly 4 times.

I can then select a program and get the dishwasher to work. Sometime it goes straight through without any problems. If it does cut out though it is nearly alway 9 mins from end of programm 3.

Also, it stops at the same place when i put it through the test cycle, but i have no information what it is testing at that particular point.

Thanks again for your reply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back