SMEG SUK61MFX5 - replace fan oven element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have purchased a new cooker element from an online retailer it is suitable for smeg ovens but is 2600 V.
I have removed the old element and read the plate on the back which states this one is only 2400 V.
Will I be alright to use the 2600 V element and if yes are there any side effects, e.g it will drain power

Please go easy on me, I'm not up to speed on all this technical info.

Appreciate your help.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
I assume you mean 2600 watt rather than 2600 volts?
It could possibly add about 1A to the output of the oven, does not sound over critical, but belt/braces worth checking the rating plate/manual for the actual output against the circuit's fuse/breaker and cable size.

Yeah, you're right watts not volts.
Does the attached image of the spec on oven give enough info to determine those points you raised?
I'll try and dig out the manual also and have a read.

Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
I assume by the plate the cooker is supplied with a standard 13A plug, it indicates a 2.3kW output for the oven, when on maximum load would draw 10A, so the addition of the 1A, should not be an issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back