So many Spurs it's like the wild west

Sponsored Links
"Yes," I agreed, "for 4293 it is but for 61009 it's 300."

Presumably you meant BS EN 61008 if you were referring to an RCCB. BS EN 61009 is an RCBO. (Both are 300mS though. It's the non-EN Standard ones which are 200mS, as you are obviously aware.)

Sponsored Links
I understood, but was coming from a different angle. If I ask can we have abc and they so no because of xyz then u can be confident it's a considered response based on some testing/investigation. however if they answer we usually do 123 not abc because it's quicker/easier/how we do things then it's not.
Trussed roofs.
Hollow stud partition walls.
Push fit plastic plumbing.

The list of things done to cheapen and worsen house construction goes on and on and on.

Good fun, though.

I often thought I'd ask something that the assessor might not know but then, it would only show I didn't know it either.

Show off. :)
Yup.

Little is as guaranteed to make any form of assessment go well as making the assessor look like an idiot.

If the bleedin' assessor doesn't know his 5H1T, he shouldn't be doing the job!

None of the assessors I have questioned have ever got the hump.

Or, if they have, I have not been aware of it and have not suffered as a result.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back