so so slow download time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have just reinstalled xp home and this are going from bad to worse, its taking me over 2 hours to download a driver from the hp site the file size is only 18.9 mb, this cant be right, please could someone tell me what to look for ie a problem, I have read about a possible hard drive problem doing a google search, any advice would be great, thanks.

Sponsored Links
I think the last time I tried to download from the HP site, it took forever as well.

Two possibilities:

1. Do a search and download from elsewhere, being careful to ensure you are not going too far off-piste - you don't want to get landed with anything dodgy. Check the file size is what you are expecting, and that the name is identical. There are a number of sites out there serving drivers for free.

2. Check to see if your network card is installed properly. You may need to download an up-to-date driver for that, before getting a sensible speed.

I was at a customers premises trying to download some drivers from HP the other day and had the same problem.

I ended up donwloading and installing flashget, a download manager which gets the file it multiple segments with multiple connections.

It made things a lot faster for me.

Sponsored Links
Back