Soakaway for extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, maybe I know the answer to this already however I would like your opinion.

I've dug a soakaway 5 meters from my extension and started filling it with rubble, maybe not the best way to construct one but it is only for a small rear extension.

Anyway, my dilema as seen in the photos below. After digging the trench for the pipe and drain the pipe work looks very close to the surface?

Is this the norm? Should I be putting a S bend of sorts to lower the pipe further into the ground?

Maybe the type of drain thing I have is incorrect?

you opinion would be great appreciated.

Regards
Byron

Sponsored Links
You could do away with the gulley and use a 90' bend down lower and come up with some more black pipe. Sure you can get a grid cover that would fit over the 4" black pipe.

You would need to dig some more soil out mind, at least this would give you some more depth.

Our local B.C insist on 300mm cover over the pipe at its shallowest.

That soakaway does not look like it begins at 5m from the building.

Who did the brickwork at and below DPC?

Our local B.C insist on 300mm cover over the pipe at its shallowest.

That soakaway does not look like it begins at 5m from the building.

Who did the brickwork at and below DPC?

I'm not sure who did the brickwork as it he was hired by the PM. I think it's pretty naff too if that's where you are going with that hah

The soak away is just shy of 5 mtrs from the building.

I guess the cover is so people know the pipe is there or is there some other bizarre reason for that?

Sponsored Links
You could do away with the gulley and use a 90' bend down lower and come up with some more black pipe. Sure you can get a grid cover that would fit over the 4" black pipe.

You would need to dig some more soil out mind, at least this would give you some more depth.

If same cover suggested above then I'll do some research, just hope its not a ballache to fit!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back