Socket Screws

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me where to get the longest "accessory screws" for fixing 13a socket fronts to a recessed pattress box. I have recently had a wall re-plasterboarded and tiled. A 50mm screw is just about 15 mm too short.
Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
spud1962 said:
Can anyone tell me where to get the longest "accessory screws" for fixing 13a socket fronts to a recessed pattress box. I have recently had a wall re-plasterboarded and tiled. A 50mm screw is just about 15 mm too short.
Any ideas ?

Have you looked in the MK catalogue? Or asked at your local electrical wholesaler?

MK do screw extensions - they are primarily for the old grid range, but work fine with any M3.5 screw.

Really, you should have brought the boxes forward, especially if a void has been created between the two finishes.

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
spud1962 said:
Any ideas ?

Have you looked in the MK catalogue? Or asked at your local electrical wholesaler?
Or any fixings supplier you care to name - they are standard M3.5 screws, raised countersunk, BZP or CP.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back