Socket under sink

Sponsored Links
What about the spur in the airing cupboard for the immersion heater? Surely there's more risk of a burst pipe in there?
Have you ever heard of anyone who's seen a burst pipe in an airing cupboard?

Sponsored Links
nan's old tank corroded through and started dripping through the ceiling below..no lecy in that corner but it was right above her chair..

You can pretty much guarantee that any metal water tank will corrode and leak before the house falls down.

That isn't the same thing as a pipe "bursting".

The point is when considering "the environment" you should not have to consider worst case scenarios, i.e. you can assume that plumbing will not leak, otherwise where will you draw the line, IP68 rated accessories throughout the house ?

What if the roof leaks, all over the upstairs lights/switches..so in my opinion its perfectly reasonable to have a socket under a sink unit. I would not put it directly under the trap or taps but to one side at the front so its not lost behind the usual clutter !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back