Sockets look grey!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Just had a loft conversion completed, and only now I've decorated can I see that all the light switches and sockets appear a really nasty dark grey colour.

Has anyone seen these before? My contract states white sockets, but I'm not sure whether these are actually grey sockets, or just a really really cheap white plastic.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
what make are they

Are they installed on a surface that's painted Brilliant White?

Are they new and clean?

Thanks for your response.

I don't know the make - nothing on the blank.

The walls aren't pure white, they're a light shade, so it's not the paint causing an illusion.. The sockets are substantially darker - very noticeable indeed. If anyone looked at them and was asked the colour, they'd say grey immediately.

They're new and clean.

pop out to a DIY shed or Electrical supplier and buy yourself one MK or Crabtree socket or switch in white plastic (not a budget brand). Take it home and compare the colour. Take a digital photo and post here if you can.

How many of they sockets and switches have you got? What does the builder's specification say about brand and colour?

Sponsored Links
My contract just states standard white, no brand.

In comparison to the other fittings in my house, they're grey. I'll take a pic tonight against a sheet of paper so you can see the diff. It's obvious!

Thanks John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back