Sockets tripping consumer unit

The simplest thing to do, as this fault could be down to a host of things. Is call in someone with the knowledge of fault finding and diagnosis. Someone perhaps like a skilled electrician with 2391 C&G. This is something that is best seen and experienced in real life, rather than spoke about in 3rd party!

Sponsored Links
She nearly had a stroke when I sent her all the info to try - I think she most likely will get somebody in to check it. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and advice :)

Will do. Whoever owned the house before her appears to have done a lot of work himself - and not all great - her plumbing's a nightmare as well. The house that Jack built I think lol

Sponsored Links
Ahh, my mate might have cracked it - unintentionally. Her 6 month old microwave blew up the other day and since she unplugged and stopped using it, none of her sockets have tripped again - so she's thinking it was the microwave that was causing the problem.

Not unusual for an appliance fault to cause a tripping issue, this can relate to other sockets on the circuit when used tripping the circuit, but would generally expect that to cause the RCD to trip, which would then lead to loss of power on all other RCD protected circuits on the board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back