Soffit board and roof advice HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am just finsishing the roof on my double garage, I have used prefabricated roof trusses and now need to order the insulated metal tile effect roofing sheets.

Could anyone please advise on what width is suitalbe for the soffit board as the ends of the trusses can be trimmed to suit and also when the fascia board is on how much should the tile effect sheets overlap to ensure the water runs into the guttering.

Thanks in advance

Ian

Sponsored Links
you would normally have 50mm overhang, measuring horizontally out from the face of the fascia board.

the soffit needs to be in proportion with the roof and/or to match up with neighbouring buildings. around 200-225mm looks ok and is an accepted norm. i tend to reduce the soffit slightly for smaller roofs, but avoid a soffit that is too squat.

the closer you cut the rafter ends back to the building the deeper the fascia will be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back