Soft close toilet hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The two hinges of my soft close seat have started to shed their 'chrome' coating. Bits flake off every day. The seat has only been fitted about 12 months. i think it was from B&Q or wickes but I dont have any receipt...and they would say its wear and tear anyway.

Does anyone supply these hinges ? we dont need a new seat as if is still in excellent condition...but the hinges make it look cr@p.

Thanks

S

Sponsored Links
Worth checking with B&Q anyway since they might be able to trace the purchase if it was via your credit card. This may make it still be under warranty or give precise details of the manufacturer who may be able to supply you with the hinge. 12 months for chrome delamination seems a bit short lived IMO anyway. :confused:

The hinge has now broken where it meets the seat. The saet works fine now but the lid is loose. It was from Wickes not B&Q and was over a year so is out of guarantee.

The seat is in perfect order and replacement is £37+. Wickes are unable to advise me where to get replacement hinges. Are they aren merchants who might stock these things, please.

Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back