Soil pipe questions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ive just finished digging a trench through my house for my gas & water supply (new gas supply & lead replacement for water), which are going to be laid in a floor duct. Some time in the not to distant future, I want to install a downstairs cloakroom, and as i already have a trench in the concrete floor now would seem like a good time to run that part of the soil pipe. (I expect creating that amount of dust again would involve death by girlfriend :) )

Questions are:

Can I just bury the soil pipe in concrete?
Can I connect the waste from the sink to the pipe after the toilet, or will i have to run a separate pipe out to the soil stack?

The back of my house is higher than ground level, so getting the fall shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links

Yes ...........After BCO has inspected it. ;)

Can I connect the waste from the sink to the pipe after the toilet,

If you wish or you can buy a pan connector with a boss on top to connect your basin waste. :D

Yes ...........After BCO has inspected it. ;)

Can I connect the waste from the sink to the pipe after the toilet,

If you wish or you can buy a pan connector with a boss on top to connect your basin waste. :D

Great, not sure im going to have time to sort that out before the Duct has to be screeded in. :( If BCO have access to both ends of the unconnected pipe would that suffice? Obv, if I mess up I would have to dig an alternative trench for a new soil pipe. I understand the required fall is a Min of 18mm / Meter?

That pan connector sounds like the badger then.

Hi,

soil pipes must be layed in 10mm single or suitable soil not containing brick or rock.

Can I connect the waste from the sink to the pipe after the toilet, or will i have to run a separate pipe out to the soil stack?

you can not connect the basin waste into the wc 110 waste either a proper wc connector or straight back to the soil stack.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
distance.gif

yes the bottom where it gos horizontal to drain. the bottom is the invert.

Great, and thanks so much for all the help. Ive now found 'Part H' so all in i should be fine.

Any thoughts on whether id get away with installing the pipe and having the BCO inspection after the fact, as long as both ends are accessible? It's just that i am on a tight deadline for the gas, water, & boiler install. And don't think i will have time to sort out the soil pipe as well if i have to have it inspected.

Any thoughts on whether id get away with installing the pipe and having the BCO inspection after the fact.

They will want to see all the alterations especially joints. :D or should that be :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back